Gas Water Heater Services in Marietta
Gas water heaters remain one of the most popular ways of heating water for your home. Still, like any system that relies on combustion, interacts with water, or has moving components, they age and require repairs or replacement relatively often. When the time comes to consider what to do with your gas water heater, make sure you have an experienced team of plumbers on your side for the decision-making process — a team like Dupree Plumbing.
Ask About Our Extended Warranties
on Water Heater Replacements
Advantages of Gas Water Heaters
If it’s time to replace your water heater, you may need to choose between an electric or gas unit. When considering a gas water heater, there are three major benefits you’ll want to keep in mind.
- Lower monthly costs: While gas heaters are actually slightly less efficient than equivalent electric water heaters in converting raw fuel to heat, in most cases, the cost of natural gas runs low enough to make gas water heaters cheaper on a monthly basis.
- Faster heating: All things equal, a gas water heater will heat your water faster than a comparable electric unit. Specialty electric units may break this rule, however.
- Uninterrupted service during a power outage: Most gas water heaters don’t need power to run, meaning you’ll still have hot water if your power ends up out for a lengthy period of time.
Top Gas Water Heaters
When you come to Dupree Plumbing for your gas water heater, you’ll benefit from the best manufacturers and product lines on the market, including:
A.O. Smith’s ProLine products encompass a wide range of use cases, while the ProLine Master adds improved quality and efficiency to those designs. For premium products, the ProLine XE lines add various specialized features to top-of-the-line components and designs.
Rheem offers a wide selection of gas water heaters, ranging from low-cost traditional units to cutting-edge high-efficiency designs. They’re certain to offer something suitable for any home or need.
Bradford White is synonymous with quality. Benefit from a wide selection of traditional gas designs and more modern high-efficiency designs.
What to Expect When You Call Dupree Plumbing
When you call Dupree Plumbing for your gas water heater installation, we strive to provide you with the best customer service possible. That’s why we have a standard process to make your experience seamless:
- Step 1: Determine if you are in our service area. We respect your time and don’t want to waste it. If we find out that you don’t live within our service area, we’ll let you know right away.
- Step 2: Diagnose the problem. We’ll ask you some identifying questions to determine if a gas water heater is right for you.
- Step 3: Explain our dispatch fee. We charge a $49 dispatch fee, but this fee will be waived if you choose to hire us for your install.
- Step 4: Visit your home. We’ll send one of our highly skilled plumbing technicians to your home to consult with you. Once they have determined what the job will entail, you will be provided with an estimate. We value transparency, so we will always provide an estimate before performing any work.
- Step 5: Start service. Once we have your approval, we’ll get started on performing your gas water heater installation!
What to Expect During a Gas Water Heater Installation by Dupree Plumbing
So, you’ve finished your consultation, picked a gas water heater, and set a date for the installation. When that day comes, installing your water heater won’t be a big fuss. Our team will take full precautions to manage your gas line safely throughout the installation.
If we’re swapping two similar gas water heaters, we’ll likely be done in only a few hours; the more differences between the units, the longer it will take. After we finish installation, we’ll carefully inspect every aspect of the installation and the water heater’s function to ensure it’s operating safely and complies with all relevant regulations and codes.
Why Choose Us?
Dupree Plumbing brings decades of experience as a family-owned company serving Marietta and Cobb County to work on every installation or repair job. When you choose Dupree Plumbing, you’re choosing a fixture of the area, a trusted name in plumbing that’s certain to deliver quality work every time — or else our company wouldn’t still be growing, even after six decades of service to the community.
FAQs About Gas Water Heaters
Should I choose a gas or electric water heater?
Your decisions will be guided by your purchasing budget, special considerations that might be better answered by one or the other, and your long-term efficiency goals, but neither is universally better than the other.
How long does gas water heater installation take?
For a swap, three or four hours will likely be enough. However, the more differences there are between your current and new unit, the longer it might take.
How long do gas water heaters last?
Gas water heaters last between 8 and 12 years for a standard design. Some models may be built to last longer.
Do gas water heaters need to be serviced?
Yes, schedule service for your unit at least once a year to maintain peak function and ensure a long life span.
Robert B. arrived on time, diagnosed the problem and got the problem fixed promptly. Dupree Plumbing always comes through for us - fast and efficient service.-Joyce B. Learn More